1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone's going to get killed in my kids' high school parking lot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Yes. They're called freshmen.

Thanks, I'll be here all week...

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

No speedbumps in the lot.

Awesome line, ServeItUp - just awesome.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Wolv treat the minorities as "speed bumps" ?

4. WolvEagle

Just got a response from the principal. He said he'd talk to the school's liasion officer (we'll see if this guy gets out of his patrol car) and that he and his fellow administrators would keep a close eye on the situation.

We'll see what happens. He seems like a good person (he was principal of my kids' middle school, too). Maybe knowing that a guy who writes for the local paper is paying attention got his attention. Hope so.

Oh, and Boom, with the way my city is changing, I'll soon be an ethnic minority (and it's not a black-white thing, either).

Thanks to all for your feedback.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I wouldn't go that far. Plenty of that ethnic group love riding on the running board waving flags at several schools I can think of. And many of that group are pretty athletic.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

How can the principal not monitor this more carefully? How can someone on the school board whose kid is in the same danger as yours not do something about this?
    And you live three miles away and there are no buses? Absurd.

Meanwhile, Boom nailed the greatest hazard around most high schools in North Jersey. It's tough to drive around here between 2:30 and 3:30...
    soccer moms in SUVs, texting or on the cell phone picking up their kids = lethal.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Amen to that. And let's not forget about Soccer Dad too spnited. He's dangerous with a van and cell phone in his hand.

8. WolvEagle

Spirited - Some days, the principal is in the parking lot. Honest.

9. KG

KG Active Member

It was your comment that you deleted I was rolling my eyes over, but you already knew that.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

And doesn't say or do anything?

Surely, you're not the only parent who's worried. Why not go to a school board meeting and rip the principal a new one for not doing something about this.

11. WolvEagle

Spirited - If things don't improve, I probably will. I felt it'd be best to contact him first.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

WolvEagle, what year are your kids in at the high school and if you don't mind, can say which state?

Draft saved Draft deleted