1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone stole my garbage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Aug 11, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Yep. It's not like I have this stuff sitting around inside the house. The two-week plan is a hell of a lot better than my in-laws, who have to truck their trash to the dump themselves.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There are few things as private as your garbage.

I would have a bigtime problem with this.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's getting weirder. I got up around 3:30 a.m. today to let the dog out, and our front gate was wide open. We have a small (maybe 2 feet high) picket fence around the yard, and the gate has a latch. I know that thing was closed and latched. I saw that and immediately woke up. My head went on a swivel while the dog was taking a piss. Didn't see or hear anything, though.
    I'm starting to get freaked out.

4. Herbert Anchovy

It ought to be a federal offense. And if not, then privatize collection and disposal.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Fuck it. Get a burn barrel for the back yard.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

And I'm not going to give it back anytime soon.

7. jps

jps Active Member

time to call these guys:

[​IMG]

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that you need to teach them a lesson.

Next pay day, spend your whole check shopping.

Put it all in a trash bag.

Then, next time someone thinks they're stealing your garbage, they'll really end up with brand new stuff.

That will show them.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not from a legal point of view. You abandoned it on the curb to be taken away, thus anybody can look through it.

The Feds are known to paw through trash looking for evidence. It's perfectly legal.

And I think most communities already have gone to contracting out their garbage/recycling pickup.

10. Herbert Anchovy

I entrust it to subject experts charged with its removal. Trained professionals, I might add, who make a few shekels more than your average journalist or country schoolteacher.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Only true if you're standing at the curb waiting for the garbage truck so you can hand it off. If you leave it laying on the curb or toss it into a dumpster, then legally you abandoned it.

Eight bucks an hour is more than the average journalist or country schoolteacher makes?

12. Herbert Anchovy

coffeeman, where is the legal precedence? I ask out of ignorance. And curiosity.

Draft saved Draft deleted