1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please point a gun at Huckabee for laughs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, May 16, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Which I am. Well-played, Fen. Effin' brilliant.

That said, in the manner of full disclosure, I'm a gun owner, have been since my dad gave me a .22 rifle when I was 10 (which I have since passed on to my son). My late father-in-law was a former president of a Safari Club chapter and an avid hunter, who donated the meat he couldn't eat or give to us to food banks all over the country.

My father and uncle owned a pawn shop for 43 years and at one time, were both members of the NRA. Despite both of them being strong defenders of the Second Amendment, they both, however, had a problem with the reactionary nature of the organization and let their memberships lapse.

All of that on the table, this proves that Mike Huckabee is certifiably batshit crazy and someone who should be detained by the Secret Service for making a comment that would get any of us a browbeating, if not a cavity search.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hoping this isn't a d_b, but the Roswell Beacon jumps in with a picture of Obama in the crosshairs of a rifle. Good judgment, it seems we hardly knew ye:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/northfulton/stories/2008/05/21/obama_0522.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

[​IMG]

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Seriously, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That makes the GolfWeek noose look like a party favor.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But he's still crying to be the GOP VP nom.

He's unqualified on so many levels, it's hysterical.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's funny the publication's bigwigs said they weren't going to bow down to "liberal blogger thuggery."

Asshat.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Blogger Thuggery trophy for the new millenium has been virtually retired by
    the Yahoos, for the time being.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Unqualified?

The man is a bit overzealous, but he is certainly qualified to be the Veep given his career. And I think by picking him, the coveted "white male blue collar gun owner" vote will be locked up by McCain....

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Unqualified.

Grotesquely-ignorant, re foreign policy.

We've just endured one international laughingstock.

And you've gotta be able to think on your feet.

The aforementioned Obama/gun joke is wholly unfunny.

Tone-deaf.

And I'm full-up with enduring the tone-deaf in the White House, thanks.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So he is the only candidate who has made a gaffe in saying something stupid? I mean, c'mon in this campaign season -- hell today we have one candidate comparing his radical pastor to the pastor of another candidate -- if saying something idiotic disqualifies you to be Prez or Vice Prez then we'd have nobody left to run.

And foreign policy is John McCain's baby.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Shia or Sunni?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ouch!

Draft saved Draft deleted