1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please point a gun at Huckabee for laughs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, May 16, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Me holding new camera, to Lincoln, settled down to a chicken lunch, at a reenactment several years ago:
    "Hey, Abe, can I get a shot?"

"I really wish you wouldn't."

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm just waiting ... WAITING, I tell you ... with baited breath to see one person on this board defend what Huck said.

I knew that at some point, someone was going to say something stupid about Obama and assassination. That it was Huckabee is hideous.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He was on one of the morning talk shows today, apologizing all over himself for it. Very awkward.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have never enjoyed seeing the political downfall of anyone, regardless of party affiiliation, because it helps no one and hurts lots of people. That being said, what does this do to Huckabee? Is he a political leper now?

5. Nah. He was already in Pat Buchanan territory. You don't get much lower than that, but these guys have their loyal followers.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Now?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And he's subsequently come straight-out and said he wants the VP slot.

D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L.

But you knew that.

Yep, folks riding dinosaurs.

Uh-huh.

Come along, sir. Will you go quietly? Thanks.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not defensible. Huckabee admitted so himself.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll readily admit I don't know as much about Huckabee and his political stock as I probably should. To be honest, on the GOP side, until a candidate becomes a clear front-runner, I tend to hear only the white noise and nothing else.

10. Key word there being "white."

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm....

booo!

12. Oh, come on. That was a wallet with $20's and $50's hanging out of it that was just sitting there on the sidewalk.
    Have a heart.

Draft saved Draft deleted