1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please point a gun at Huckabee for laughs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, May 16, 2008.

1. I thought I heard laughter after his remark about Obama falling off his chair - that kind of automatic laughter you have when you expect the speaker to be funny, even when he is not - but I heard no laughter when he said someone pointed a gun at him ... what a bizarre thing to say.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

A sizeable part of the GOP base likes Huckabee more than McCain. Even though Huckabee had long since dropped out of the race, he got over 20% of the vote in the Indiana and North Carolina primaries.

McCain needs that base to come out in large numbers to beat Obama. He doesn't necessarily need Huck as his VP, but he can't come out and tell Huck to get lost either.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I actually thought I heard laughter, despite what everyone on here is saying, but I may just be overly sensitive and expect the worst, because I am naturally suspicious of people who spend their free time at club meetings for a group built around the cause of owning weapons.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"Whadaya mean you're outta apples?"

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why would it frighten you -- Just remember my gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car......

6. zagoshe

An internet psuedo-tough guy sitting behind a computer and keyboard calling anyone a coward is sort of like Yawn calling anyone irrational........

7. zagoshe

Fewer didn't fit on the bumper sticker........

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Something to be proud of. Congrats on your accomplishment.

I'll take comfort in that, I suppose, when your gun serves a primary purpose of transporting people around--or, for that matter, any main purpose other than causing injury or death.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That so, Mr. Hulk?

You are a coward, if for no other reason than your lip-servicing faux libertarianism. You're not on the fence, you're the birdshit on the fence.

10. "I'm with Huck!"
    [​IMG]

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

12. "You can bite me, you stupid freaking hillbilly."

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted