1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please give this man a job.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

More or less than the business associate who basically just had to sit there looking professional & hungry?

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm guessing closer to $1,000 than $10,000. I've seen a few contracts for voiceover guys for local TV news stations and they were in the hundreds per month. Voiceover guys also have a union which I think standardizing the pricing a good bit. Of course, Kraft commercials are a lot more widely distributed than the local news and homeless voice guy might command more because of his star quality. But I'd still go much closer to 1K than 10k.

Also, Tony Giles gets like $150 a game... maybe $250 now. Maybe that helps you ballpark it. :D

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm ready for this guy to go away forever.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

He got $10K for four Kraft spots. (/Dr. Phil)

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Me too.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Off to rehab, via Dr Phil:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/golden-voiced-ted-williams-rehab-70915

7. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Unfortunately predictable.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The man needs rehab more than he needs another macaroni commercial.

He has an amazing opportunity to use that million dollar voice, no chance he can succeed with that two cent head. Hoping he can get some real help, instead of just another TV appearance.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He's hired a publicist.

10. We used to call him Teddy Grams on the street.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

His daughter wanted him to go to rehab, and he said no, no, no.

12. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Sure, 21, but as I said when this thread started, you don't end up on the street by accident.

You end up there because you have a multitude of serious issues. My point being that just giving this guy a job was always highly, highly unlikely to be enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted