1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please give this man a job.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 4, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but talent trumps and if you can find this litany of unemployed announcers with better voices than this dude, I'll eat my hat. The guy's got pipes that few people do.

He's every bit as deserving of an announcing job as someone like McLovin (from Superbad) is deseving of an acting gig just because he looked like a nerd. Sometimes the raw talent is just there. What he does with this opportunity is up to him, but acting as if he needs to pay some imaginary dues calling games for some single-A team in Iowa is ridiculous.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think anyone's suggesting he should get thrust into the booth for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, but a local TV or radio station would be well-served to hire him to do voice-overs for commercials and station promos.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you get laid off, don't worry. Because 13 years from now (after you fight off your alcohol addiction and live homeless for a year or two), you too can find a new job just like Ted Williams. See, he was laid off from his most recent radio job in 1997:

http://ohiomediawatch.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/golden-voice-the-rest-of-the-story/

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Backing this up, is this blog post...

http://stlmediastuff.blogspot.com/2011/01/not-like-i-didnt-say-so.html

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Co-sign.

Dude's good. Really good. And he's probably going to get a job others have been trying to get for years. Them's the breaks.

6. Yep.
    Unfortunately, I'll bet he keeps said job six months to a year before he winds up back where he was found.
    I'm glad this guy is getting anothter chance. I hope he uses it to get right and stay straight. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Holy cow that is an awesome collection of mugshots. Looks like something from a comedy album. The hair, the mustaches...and one surgical mask??

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Dude looks like a cross between Richard Pryor and Tommy Chong

9. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They all look alike, amirite?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

he's a mooslim!!!!!