1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone please give this man a job.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Via Darren Rovell on Twitter, Cavaliers have offered him a job

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not mention douche-ish. :)

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

He will take the job with the cavs but will leave in a few years for the chance to call a championship game with another team.

4. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Long-term homelessness does not happen by accident or one bad break. I hope I'm wrong, but I predict this will not end well.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He admitted in that clip that drugs and alcohol got the best of him, and says he's been clean two years now.

Rovell now reports that NFL Films is looking to contact him about possible work.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I hope he gets a good agent, for professional and personal reasons. Great story though. And what a voice!

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And a house.

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26861616

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It's a good voice, but I hope he doesn't lose his head.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Someday someone on the street will tell me, "I'm going to make you work for your dollar."

I'll ask for a piece of paper and a pencil and write him a kick-ass sports story.

And he'll say, "Meh, I can get it online for free."

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He told he was taking his talents to South Beach, too.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The first investigative reporter assigned to tell his story is going to make a mess out of this.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I see what you did, there. :D

BTW, it might've been dickish, saying you're going to make him work for the dollar. Even more dickish, though, is if the reporter actually gave him ONLY a dollar.

Draft saved Draft deleted