1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone messed up The Dwarf's coffee order

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 19, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

... so he wrote about how dumb everyone who serves him is. It's just amazing how this happens to him every single time:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120617/COL01/206170449/Mitch-Albom-Certainly-sir-what-did-you-say-again-

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Will you be going to the game?

No.

Will you be going to the game? I thought I heard you say yes.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Geez, talk about phoning it in. Maybe if he wasn't speaking into people's belly buttons they'd hear him. Either way ... WE DON'T CARE!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Albom is way too young to be writing "Grumpy Old Guy" columns.
    [​IMG]
    "In my day we stood up straight. We shook hands and looked each other in the eye. We didn't have iPads, or other thingamajigs. We wrote on slate with chalk. And WE LIKED IT!"

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think Albom is a douche and that column was totally mailed in. But...I agree with him.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This was a pretty good Mitch Albom column, even if nobody died -- only got annoyed.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

He's auditioningfor that spot at the end of "60 Minutes" isn't he?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why should a barista or flight attendant get facts straight when he made a career of missing the truth?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

**sigh**

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"In my day coffee shops were better." Mateen Cleaves and Jason Richardson said, resplendent in their Michigan State gear.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

He is right though. Just tonight, I call a local place to order dinner. Hi, is that delivery or pickup? Delivery, I say. What would you like? I give the order. Then she says, that's pickup, right? No, delivery, just like I said before. This happens time after time, at stores, restaurants, etc. No one listens anymore. I find it even happening at work when I tell someone something. That's why I mostly send instructions electronically so the message is right there on the screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted