1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone explain motorcycles to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sirvaliantbrown, Sep 13, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Add to that riders who don't know what they're doing -- more than 90 percent of motorcyclists involved in accidents had no formal training -- and you have real trouble. Many accidents can be avoided, but many motorcyclists don't know how to avoid them.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is where I beat the drum for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation RiderCourses again, right? :D

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Right on cue. :D

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I see plenty of crazy motorcycle riders around here, but went on a recent trip where ever biker I saw drove between cars stopped for a red light. To get to the front of the line.

Is that a regional thing? Cause it seems it would be easy to hit a mirror or get thumped by someone who decided to change lanes at the last minute and didn't expect someone driving up the dotted lines.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

They do that all the time in LA and it annoys the shit out of me.

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

It is called splitting lanes and is legal in many states. This is when cage (car) traffic is stopped. Not legal in moving traffic.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Stateside, only legal in California. Also legal throughout Europe.

8. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Was definitely legal in Texas at one time. Florida earlier this decade or maybe I just thought it was and did it anyway. Cali for sure, yes.

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Local shop finally got a Ninja 250 in and I'll be checking it out in the next few days. Seriously upgraded for the '08 model year and the wife is eager to get on one.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You should wait for the 2009 Harley V-Rod Muscle to come out.

Because, if you buy one, Marisa Miller will like you.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

V-Rod is the only Harley I'd own -- if I could figure out how to make it 100 pounds lighter.
    Now that really sweet XR1200 Harley is selling in Europe? Now we're talking. You can see it here: http://www.sportster.org/news/H-D_XR1200_Proto-028r.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted