1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone at the NY Times has a serious girl-crush on Elizabeth Warren

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 19, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We've already seen it. Here is her questioning of Tim Geithner over AIG: "Do you know where the money went?" There are videos all over the Web.

It is with great surprise, then, that we note that Tim Geithner killed her nomination as head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

She is a favorite candidate of rank-and-file Democrats, no question. It is because of her words and actions over many years in the public eye. She might be someone you don't know anything about, but she is not unkown.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She speaks truth to power.

NOBODY on the other side, does.

Need that, more than ever.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Any Dem surely stats with a base of support in Massachusetts that will make them formidable.

But, Brown has been polling well. He's been able to stake out a fairly independent place in the Republican party.

He's personally likable. He'll have a lot of money. He's the incumbent.

And, Massachusetts does not have much of a record when it comes to electing women.

I'm also not convinced Warren will make a great candidate. The odds of her becoming a rerun of Martha Coakley are pretth high.

I hope she's either a Red Sox fan, or has someone briefing her. Would hate to see her not understand who Curt Schilling is.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Warren’s great great great grandmother may have been a Native American. So, Harvard Law School touted her as a minority hire, and she listed herself as a minority in a law school directory for nine years.

Brilliant.

http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20220502warren_i_used_minority_listing_to_make_friends

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow, that's epically sleazy. Really.

Next thing you know, she'll be telling us she's a ESPN betting columnist.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am concerned

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Shocking.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Titts McGee on Faux Fascist Noise has already slobbered in with the obligatory borderline-racist yuck-yuck.

Keep 'em bouncing, Megyn. That's what you're there for.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

1/64th by blood (if that's the correct fractional for a great great great grandparent) would qualify her for membership in the Cherokee Nation - especially since their enrollment is based on having an ancestor recorded on the rolls, rather than blood quantum.

www.allthingscherokee.com/articles_gene_040101.html

10. Is Warren's Navajo name Rides in Limos? Remember when she was all proud about being one of the founders of the Occupy Movement? Yeah that was great

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
    Pig Vomit: How can that be?
    Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
    Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
    Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
    Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
    Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

12. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted