1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone at the NY Times has a serious girl-crush on Elizabeth Warren

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 19, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He couldn't talk their language, and in retrospect he has been co-opted. Bank regulation wasn't even a plank of his platform until Lehman Bros collapsed. Warren is a professorial type who can see what the quants and the scammers were doing. Enormous difference. The fact that Obama snubbed her as head of the bureau she created speaks to that. Wall Street didn't want her and Obama caved, again.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Until YF actually calls the Democratic Party by its proper name, it's hard take anything he says seriously

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

He could call it the party of the most holy of holies, and it would still be impossible to take seriously an argument that the country's conservatives weren't foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of Palin's name. FFS, she's proven to be an utter incompetent and she's walked out of the only significant job she's ever had, and they STILL want her to run for president.

But yeah, Democrats are far crazier for Elizabeth Warren than THAT.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's been the Ailes/Rove/Limbaugh/Republic Party strategy for 20 years. Don't call 'em "the democratic party" because we don't want to admit they have anything to do with "democracy."

The same crew that gets all sorely butthurt when you say "teabaggers."

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like YF a great deal as a poster. The "Democrat Party" crap is beneath him.

(And lest anyone dig it up, yes, I've done it before as a wink at MarkMcGwire's contention that I'm a closet Republican trolliest of the concern trolls.)

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As it stands I will be voting for him in 2012, but Obama could turn out to be remembered as utterly incompetent if things don't break right soon. His signature health care plan is turning out to be dead on arrival.

7. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

YF used to work for Giuliani, right? Which makes his argument here pretty funny,

Projection.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Sounds like what will happen if Mitt Romney outlasts the rest of the clown car and wins the GOP nomination this year.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Obama should have nominated her and then called out the GOP for the inevitable filibuster that would have ensued. But Obama has always been averse to confrontation. That's fine when you're one person out of 100 in the Senate. It's not OK when you're the chief executive.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The 24-year-old college grad in my house who has health insurance thanks solely to this plan disagrees with you.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Giuliani -- and Palin -- were both popular. They also had lot's of detractors in their won party all along.

Giuliani was too liberal (on abortion especially) and Palin was to dumb.

Show me a single Democratic who doesn't like Elizabeth Warren. Are there any liberals here who don't like her, or who even have a criticism of her?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You win. Republics are just smarter than Democrats, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted