1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somebody please tell me what's wrong with this picture

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jan 4, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Got into a nice argument at the bar last night and it raised a very valid point of double standards. If two girls are getting it on, it's considered cool. If two guys are getting it on, it's considered wrong. Without vulgarity, and I know many of you can't do it, can someone explain why there are double standards when it comes to gay sex?

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Because this is a "man's world"
    Founded as such and will likely forever be.
    You see no frontal nudity from men in mainstream films, while women's nudity is all over the place.
    It's a man's world, and the men are fine, for the most part, with lesbianism among attractive females.
    When men get it on, regardless of their looks, it's just not accepted by mainstreamers.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Boots, there's nothing wrong with being bi-sexual. You can come out of the closet anytime.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Men are by nature insecure; if they feel their masculinity (a precious commodity in our current culture) is threatened or questioned, they will vilify or condemn the person or act in order to preserve themselves.

Guys aren't threatened by two girls together - somehow they view it as being to their own sexual benefit, not realizing it doesn't have a damn thing to do with them. I think guys can project themselves into that situation, something along the lines of "I'll show those two chicks what they're missing" or that the girls would turn their total attention to him and not each other if he was involved.

This is a very generalized explanation and doesn't apply to every guy, obviously. [/disclaimer]

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Can't get enough of that backdoor, huh? :D

6. boots

boots New Member

I'm in no one's closet. In fact, it was a female drinking with us who brought the subject up. Led for some interesting talk that almost got the whole bar buzzing. Everyone was chiming it. It was good stuff. Some joking but really, everyone was very mature about the subject while getting their drink on.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the picture?

Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Sounds like you like to take it in the pooper and most other men don't.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One thing, men are much more aroused by visual stimulation than women. So two chicks together is exciting to guys.

Two guys together is not exciting to women -- just gay guys.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

The fact that people continue to give serious replies to boots on stuff like this boggles my mind.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't want boots on your bad side ... or your backside.

11. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

12. boots

boots New Member

It's not hard to boggle your mind.
    It was an incident that happened. We just wanted feedback. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it. You can got to any number of other topics here.
    Now, back to the topic at hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted