1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somebody is unhappy with Jordin Sparks' build...here's a hint, it's not her.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by silvershadow1981, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

No denying she is a big boneded girl.
    And by the way, this thread is a db.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blonde anti-obesity shrills in those Tina Fey glasses always get to me.

I'm weak, I know.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmm.....Anti-obesity shrill [/Homer]

4. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

You know, I find it comical that some "anti-obesity" advocate takes it upon herself to air her opinion on a teenager's weight issues. Last time I checked, I believe Jordin has two parents at home who can handle that duty. And yeah, last time I noticed, I think teenagers and weight issues are kinda commonplace (sad part is it's becoming even more of an issue among 5-6-7 year olds now)

5. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Who exactly is she an advocate for? The fat folks who would be the first to tell her to fuck off? Or is she an advocate for herself, who doesn't like to look at fat people?

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This is Ms. Roth's anti-obesity group: http://www.actionagainstobesity.com/NationalActionAgainstObesity/National%20Action%20Against%20Obesity.html

7. I was reading EW just today and thought to myself: Jordin Sparks has a really nice build.

No joking! I can't believe people are hating on her.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The employee handbook has a very specific dress code ...

"T-shirts are encouraged, particularly ones with a 'No Fat Chicks' slogan emblazoned on them.

We discourage vertical stripes, except on Vertical Stripe Fridays when those shirts will be permittable as long as you donate to the AAO and have a receipt showing you purchased an ephedrine pill at your neighborhood gas station.

We strongly emphasize that someone wearing a shirt with a caricature of an obese person and the phrase 'More Cushion For The Pushin' will be subject to immediate termination."

9. Jordin Sparks is a big girl, the daughter of a former NFL cornerback. Tall and broad shoulders. Sure, she dwarfed both Blake and Ryan at the finals but she is not fat. And for this Fox chick to say that without knowing her exact weight and body fat percentage really isn't fair. Plus, the girl's 17 and about to get a Hollywood contract. She'll be sweatin' off any extra pounds into muscle soon enough but she's not getting any smaller.

Draft saved Draft deleted