1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some people just don't age well

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Of course, there's the cancer factor some may have forgotten.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

1. Al Davis has been dead since 1987. Saw him at dinner during the owner's meetings last winter....they carry him in like a stuffed animal, and put him in a chair. Jerry Jones was holding court with some other owners and entourage, not a single person acknowledged Al. When everyone got up to leave, Jones gave the polite nod and hand-grip, and left. He may still be sitting there.

2. Today I ran into a woman I know...very beautiful, mid 40s, perfect body, etc. But she clearly had invested in a ton of facial work...she looks like c complete freak. Nothing moves....forehead frozen, eyebrows suspended at her hairline, upper lip immobile. She laughed at something, and she looked panicked like something might break. Horrible. Everyone I know is doing this stuff....either I'm saner or luckier, but I don't get it.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

the raiders will remain a joke as long as al's in charge. Al will be in charge until he shuffles off the mortal coil. Here's hoping Al sacks the grim reaper.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You know what's sad, in this vein, is watching the sidelines of Lakers games when they pan the camera on various celebrities. There are people in their late 60's+ dressed like they're in their teens. It's kind of pathetic.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without a recent picture of Jan-Michael Vincent, which I am unable to find.

And, go Sabres.

6. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

The best picture of Al is the one in the Raiders media guide--he's wearing a pinstriped suit and got that ridiculous pompadour. (sp?)

At the start of the 2005 season when the Raiders were playing New England in the season opener, they had the visitors owners box right next to the press box. Even at that age (they wheeled him around with a walker through the press box), he spent much of the game cursing like Andrew Dice Clay--we could hear him clearly on the other side of the glass. Funny stuff.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

At least most people who still have hair don't forget how to use a comb.

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Seems strange to start a thread about somebody nearly 80 not aging well. What next, a thread about how in her later years, Jessica Tandy really wasn't all that hot?

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Here's somebody who isn't that old who hasn't aged well.

[​IMG]

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Monte, thanks a lot for making me choke on my popsicle. That's priceless!

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Monty sure has a knack for finding pictures that make us violently wretch, doesn't he?

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Whaddaya mean? ;)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted