1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 22, 2011.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh, I agree that the study is flawed. My statement was of a general nature, not tied to this study.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Too many broad defenders of Fox's so-called "news" coverage on this board clearly have agendas.

It's an old story.

Fetch me a beer.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Oddly, I DO watch Fox News, more than the others. And no, our politics aren't very close.

They drive me nuts, but I find them entertaining too, and let's face it, Republican politics is more interesting right now than the Dems.

I know what I'm watching, and "Fair and Balanced" and "We Report, You Decide" are preposterous, absolute lies, but it's all part of the deal.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately our nation is getting wrecked in the process as the populace is continually dumbed down.

More specifically the profession and credibility of journalism is being trashed by association. The vast majority of people either know consciously or understand subliminally that everything FOX pumps out is bullshit, so it feeds the widespread belief that all media is bullshit (a belief FOX furiously fuels).

It's Uberclass propaganda.

Draft saved Draft deleted