1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Mormons Search the Web and Find Doubt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Meet the man, the myth, the macker ... RickStain.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

He did it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

You don't need to go into a Mormon temple to find out what the church is about. There are plenty of chapels in most cities in the US...with a sign that states "visitors welcome." You can go in there and find out anything you want to know.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah. Or talk to missionaries and/or church members.

5. Or you can just google "Inside a Mormon temple"

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But there's the rub...google anything about "Mormon" and the results are less than supportive, judging from the original post.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

L. Ron Hubbard thinks Joseph Smith is a pussy

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But where would I find them? It's not like they're just going to drop by my house. Geez, you'd think they were just out there going door-to-door or something.

9. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I used to think polygamy was a cool idea and having a harem of wives would be great. Then I got married and realized those guys are insane. Hell, it's hard enough to deal with one wife!

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's one of the oldest jokes in the book:

What's the penalty for bigamy?
    Two wives.

Groucho Marx had a variant of it in Animal Crackers when Capt. Spaulding proposes marriage to two (very rich) ladies at once. Mrs. Rittenhouse indignantly tells him, "Why, captain, that's bigamy!" Groucho's reply is something like: "Big of you? It's big of me to put up with the two of you!"

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I would agree, except that Scientology hasn't gotten to the level of mainstream acceptance that the Mormon church has achieved. I mean, it's hard to find a "church" of Scientology anywhere outside large metropolitan areas, but there are two Mormon churches in the Southern town where I live.

Draft saved Draft deleted