1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some More Good News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Well, today we were informed of TWO capital investment projects at my paper.

One, a $130,000 upgrade to our prepress area.

Two, improvements to the lunchroom.

The second may not seem like a big deal, but we have to feel like management is investing in our paper's future; at least for a while.

We always speculated we may one day come to work and the doors be locked and the press shut down.

That doesn't seem to be the case - for now.

Everyone in the newsroom seemed pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the news.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What kind of lunchroom improvements?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe they're making the improvements to fix up the building to sell it?

But that wouldn't explain the big investment in the pre-press area, unless they're converting it to something else.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The pre-press improvments are directly related to the press itself, so there's no conversion likely on the horizon.

As for the lunchroom, not sure exactly what's going to be done. I'm guess new windows.

5. HarryNutsack

HarryNutsack New Member

Improvements to the lunchroom include serving fish sticks on Wednesdays.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

They're putting these in the vending machine. Our lunchroom just got these and employee morale skyrocketed.

[​IMG]

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We started to get those about, oh, 6 weeks ago. I can't stop eating them.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Y'alls health insurance is going to skyrocket.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

We have the potato skins, but I would be happy with Coke instead of Pepsi products in the pop machine.

10. Small Town Guy

We actually only had that flavor for like a week. I should have put the kind we've had since, which has caused near riots as people clamor for it: Cheddar and Bacon. Oh, god. they have raised the price from 60 cents to 70.

11. Small Town Guy

Here's something you don't see much anymore: Single people here still get their health insurance for free. Married people with no kids, like me, are the ones who sort of get nailed, as it's about 200 per check, which is the same amount you pay if you have 15 kids. Better start having kids, except all the cheddar and bacon potato skins are probably making me sterile.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But none of that stinkin' root beer!

Draft saved Draft deleted