1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some more DMN stuff

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Not with DyePack's flair, of course, but considering the volume and quality of work they were producting during the "golden age," 30 copy editors certainly isn't out of line.

2. standman

standman Member

Trust me, there were probably plenty of nights when they could have used a few more hands.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

How can you say that? After all, I'm sure each of them was staffed day and night, seven days a week, and none of them ever took a sick day or used a vacation day.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

You can't be serious. Have you seen some of AP's copy ... especially their cutlines. They can be brutal.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, your sarcasm font reader is on the fritz.

6. sportsed

sportsed Guest

20,000 posts and you wasted one on pointing that out. Thanks for ruining my fun.

7. annoyed

annoyed Member

So it's going to look more like the Star-Telegram?

8. dooley_womack1

My apologies. And why do you have Chester Tate in your sidesaddle?

And annoyed, did the S-T kill your parents or something?

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Oh my. Now this thread has turned a little.

I'll sit back and watch the sparks fly.

Carry on. ;D

10. dooley_womack1

My second line was a one-off putdown. My first line was a serious question. I love Soap, and I was wondering the story behind sportsed having Chester Tate in the sidesaddle.

11. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Ah, you got to look at DyePack's side saddle and put 2&2 together ... I'm not going to give it to you that easy. :)

12. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I've noticed some digs in here about the Star-Telegram. I can promise you that if and when DMN staffers get sent packing, they will be begging for a job at the S-T. Anyone who's in their right mind and who ever has lost a job because of cutbacks or, God forbid, a paper closing, knows better than to knock other papers when the going is good for them. Trust me: everyone is vulnerable when it comes to cuts. Be happy with what you have and quit taking digs at other papers. If there's a paycheck there and benefits, it's a good job. On top of that, the S-T is a good paper with a circulation in the 200,000 range---what's to complain about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.