1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Lesley Visser news

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jun 29, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

let me just add: les is the real deal in every way imaginable. 8) 8) 8)

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I'll be the 300th person to echo the sentiment - I have covered several events that Lesley has worked, and I have never seen her treat a single person with anything but class and respect, from a superstar coach to a first-day intern.

However, my favorite story about her is a game she didn't cover. I'm in a basketball press room, and Dick Stockton comes in and asks if he can use my phone. I say "certainly", and he dials.

He calls his wife, and they spent the next 15 minutes having a conversation that sounded like two newlyweds that were separated for the first time ever. It even got a little raunchy.

That was years ago, and I still remember thinking "Damn, marriages can actually work in this business".

So congratulations to her for an honor that is almost, but not quite, as big as making into You Gotta Play Hurt.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What do you mean "if?" When did he die?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

We have finally found something (besides alcohol) that everybody at SportsJournalists.com is in agreement with.

That may be an even bigger accomplishment for Visser than the ones previously mentioned.

Draft saved Draft deleted