1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Lesley Visser news

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone who has heard the Randy Galloway story involving Leslie - and it is not a diss of Leslie, not by any stretch - please verify if it is true. Great story, you'll know the one I mean.
    Randy holds her in very high regard.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

she's a sweetheart in every way. a real pro and always a good friend.

3. yeah, she's really good, right

4. joe

joe Active Member

I don't, as a rule, care for sideline reporters, but she always brought (brings?) something more than the usual crap you get from the airheads. The best compliment you can give her: She's a reporter first, sideline reporter second.

5. jaredk

jaredk Member

True.
    This, too: She's a rookie, first meeting with Dan Jenkins, US Open tennis. Very Lesley-enthusiastic, she says, "Dan Jenkins, Dannnn Jenkins, I've always wanted to be just like you." To which Dan draws on a cigarette and says, "What, hung over?" Later, much later, she's a character in Dan's "You Gotta Play Hurt."

6. joe

joe Active Member

"You Gotta Play Hurt". Hands down the funniest book I've ever read. I've read it three times, and it's just as good each time. Dan Jenkins is a national treasure. And he knows it.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I preface this with the knowledge that Lesley is a true journalist in every sense of the word.

Around 1986, a friend and I were at the old Capital Centre for a Georgetown game. I turn a corner in the concourse and suddenly am struck dumb by the sight of her. Lesley Visser was, at that particular point in time, one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen in my life. I mean, drop-dead unbelievable gorgeous.

I swear, people ... better than the O woman.

8. greenie

greenie Member

OK, Moddy, gotta share the Galloway story.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

She was a damn fine feature writer on the Glove before she turned TV. I really looked forward to reading her stuff. They gave her a lot of space to sprawl a story/

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The money shot, as I have heard it, was a cunnilingus reference to her face in discussing the difference between her and the males sitting at the table.

I'm sure I fucked that up.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

She was born 9/11/53.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh,no, I'm pretty sure you didn't.

I'll tell it later. I'm hesitant because I don't want anyone to think it is a shot at Leslie or Randy Galloway taking a shot at Leslie. Those who know the story PM me - can I tell it here?

Draft saved Draft deleted