1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some breath of fresh air

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Apparently, and NOBODY can tell me anything else about this, the car was in the way of another car that had been damaged, and they had to move mine to get to it. Why they couldn't just move it back to where it was before, I couldn't tell you. Why they couldn't contact the person in whose name the title is written, I couldn't tell you. What I couldn't tell you could fill a book. What they couldn't tell you could fill a library.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

just another case of The Man keeping you down

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Damn, nice police work. I can only surmise you were dealing with one of these officers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Were they able to nab the dipshit that trashed your van? Or was it a hit-and-run?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I went to the tow place today to check on my van to see if it was drivable. It's not. Lots of rear end damage (ew). It's fucked. That makes two cars totalled in four months, and now I have no car. I need to rent something tomorrow and buy something almost as fast.

Turned out I had a good reason to be scared of driving as a teenager.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Shitty. Hope things get better, MM. Consider getting a tank.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wow, Meat. I'm sorry.

It may not help in the least - I would completely understand - but at least you weren't in the van when it was hit. Your run of luck with vehicles is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but at least you're OK physically.

Yeah, it's weak. But perhaps worthy of some thought later when the auto scene brightens.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This is what comes of not loving watermelon.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, if that's the worst you get when your number comes up on the "wheel of crime" consider yourself lucky. I once came upon a guy who had broken into my car and was trying to get it started. I told him to leave and I wouldn't call the cops, and he did (he forgot his Broncos hat so I threw it in his direction and told him he forgot his hat) he muttered something about getting his gun and walked away. I was about halfway to the airport when I started to get the shakes.
    I still hate the Broncos.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sorry, Meat. Hope things get better in your world soon.

Gald it wasn't stolen though. I may be left of center politically, but I'm all about Starman justice when it comes to thieves. My fucking house was burglarized twice last summer and I'm STILL finding stuff missing, because a lot of things they stole are things I don't use much...like both of my father's wedding rings. Was wanting to wear my 1980s Cubs jersey when getting ready to go to the ballgame last week...gone. Fucking douchebags.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

MM, that's awful. Hope you find new wheels soon, and that nothing else goes bad in your life for a while.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not driving -- it's parking that's the problem. Sorry, Double M.

I had a Mustang like that. It was hit twice in parking lots and broken into once.

Had to get rid of it.

By the way, this is the worst breath of fresh air -- ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted