1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solyndra...why is no one talking about this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ayers is a lone nut.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where, exactly, did I do that you insufferable douchebag?

Because I dared to point out that McVeigh murdered a whole hell of a lot more people after your idiotic equivocation?

Screw it, don't bother answering. I'm hitting the button on you.

3. TheSportsPredictor

If you hit the button you let the terrorist win.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Probably all for the best that no one's talking about this.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Like I said: Same motives, same goals.

You're the one who tried to make one less bad than the other.

You either condemn terrorism -- and that means condemning Ayers -- or you don't. I condemn all of it -- Ayers, McVeigh, any nut that kills an abortion doctor ... all of them. No exceptions.

By the way, your pulling out the name calling exposes the intellectual weakness of your position.

6. TheSportsPredictor

You missed the part where he said STFU you're on ignore.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would think there has been plenty during Obama's 2 1/2 years as president that can be criticized, so much that the memes from the campaign would have receded into irrelevance.

I would think wrong, I guess.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Acorn!

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Ha, I found out about it FROM the Daily Show. Funny how a faux news show breaks more news than a "real" news organization. And yes, this is a big story. When Stewart showed the video of Biden saying Solyndra was going to be huge for job growth, I laughed my ass off -- and Stewart just had the best look on his face.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As a point of reminder, during the disputed 2000 presidential election, the Bush team used Enron's private jet to shuttle from Houston to Florida.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Need I remind righties, especially, that Watergate was dismissed initially as a "third-rate burglary."

Not that Solyndra is (or isn't) the equivalent of Watergate. It's that political scandals rarely start as something that gets the general populace frothing at the mouth. Eventually it's the people who support the politician in question who determine how scandalous something is -- not his or her opponent.

David Vitter is found to be a diaper-wearing hooker purveyor, and it turned out most supporters in his home state, in the end, didn't see at as a big deal, for example. Initially Anthony Weiner's dong shots weren't a big deal either -- until there were so many, and Weiner became such a punchline, that his party and supporters had had enough.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oh, and Nixon didn't resign until Republican leaders came to him and said it was time for him to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.