1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solyndra...why is no one talking about this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Lefties allowing Bill Ayers back into polite society is no different than someone doing the same with Timothy McVeigh, had he not been executed.

Same motives, same goals.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Inky, I cannot accept your data on Solyndra, because it would mean that someone was TALKING ABOUT IT, and we all know that isn't the case.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How many people did Ayers kill? Was it 168? Was it half that? Was it a quarter? Was it 1/10th?

4. Inky_Wretch

Little known fact: If you Google Solyndra, the only hit is this thread because nobody else is talking about it.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I raise you $12 billion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

6. Inky_Wretch

I'm concerned by your confusion.

7. old_tony

Might want to consider the fact that the Constitution actually calls for a national defense.

I'll wait here for you to produce the part in the Constitution that says "give supporters half a billion bucks of taxpayers' money dressed up as subsidizing a fraudulent company that never really produced jack squat -- and even having emails that show your people told you not to do it."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ezra Klein of the Washington Post, while observing the orders from liberal headquarters not to talk about it, nonetheless offered a good blog recap Wednesday titled "Five Myths About Solyndra." Klein didn't reach the conclusion that Obama must be impeached, so I don't expect the thread starter to give it much credence, but for those getting up to speed it's useful. (The No. 1 myth he addresses is "This scandal is no big deal.")

The early read is that this certainly looks untoward on the surface and is worth checking out. Maybe it results in criminal charges, I don't know, that's for the fact-finders to find. It does not look like Solyndra had greased the wheels to the level that, say, the banks had greased the wheels.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/five-myths-about-the-solyndra-collapse/2011/09/14/gIQAfkyvRK_blog.html

9. old_tony

So he was incompetent at what he did? Great. That makes him the perfect Obama cronie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/11/books/no-regrets-for-love-explosives-memoir-sorts-war-protester-talks-life-with.html

The left is OK with terrorism as long as it's done in the name of the left.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Professional liar.

11. Inky_Wretch

As somebody who lost a friend in the Murrah Building, you can STFU about my stance on domestic terrorism.

12. old_tony

Then I would think you'd be denouncing Ayers with your every breath, not excusing him.

Yet since he's an Obama crony, you just can't bring yourself to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.