1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solyndra...why is no one talking about this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

yuh nobody in the media ever says anything bad about Obama

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So this is the thread to talk about why there are no other threads about this topic?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, OK, Solyndra is the new male-enhancement product

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I just farted ... why is no one talking about this?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, but don't talk about the topic itself.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm concerned

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Gee, the Daily Show opened with this last night, and did so by showing EVERY MAJOR TV NEWS ORGANIZATION covering it. So I think it's being talked about.

Whether anyone who doesn't already dislike Obama follows up by caring is another story. I suspect if everyone had jobs, there would be more psychic energy burned up over this, like how times were good enough in the 90s to have impeachment hearings for Clinton's dick.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At least when Bush "repaid" his friends in the defense industry we got some bang for our buck.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Stewart's line was awesome, too: "Fox News, go ahead and call your doctor right now. This erection is going to last for more than four hours."

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For decades, Democrats sought campaign-finance reform, only to have the GOP fight them tooth and nail. It took years for McCain-Feingold to pass, and even then, the Supremes overturned much of it, by a 5-4 decision. Guess who were the five that voted for the overturn? The five conservative judges.

And now that the Dems finally threw up their hands, joined the pay to play game, and got better at it, you have this outrage on the right. How dare the Dems sell out to their cronies? That's our job! Heck, we just had Bachmann rip on Perry for his ties to Merck over the HPV stuff. And yet, she's still a member of the party that has long been in favor of equaling money with free speech.

You want to rip on Obama for not totally keeping his promise to stay above the fray on this shit? Go ahead. Guess what? Your side does it just as much, if not more. And all of us taxpayers get the shaft. Don't like it? Stop appointing Supreme Court justices who think bribery is a form of free speech.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A counter-irritant for those "concerned" about this story.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/16/1017526/-Top-5-List:-5-Biggest-Right-Wing-Lies-About-Solyndra

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Daily Show had better coverage than any of the news organizations.

It's not being ignored, but it is a bit under the radar. I'm guessing it will continue to come up over the next year or so as the prime example of one of this administration's colossal fuck-ups, and no, I'm not implying that previous administrations have not had them as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.