1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solid Crouse Angle On Bears/ Saints

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I kind of like that.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Although it's not really true--the restaurant is on the second floor of a Michigan Avenue mall that also houses movie theaters, Marshall's, and Eddie Bauer, and backs up to Rush Street.

Great restaurant....no clue what it has to do with Saints/Bears, even for NYTimes readers.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well then, the NYT lied to me. John McLaughlin was right: "The New York Times is subversive!"

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

that was great, boom. you really had me there for a sec.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wow, if this doesn't get you excited to watch a championship game, nothing will.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

I think I ate there once. If I did, it was pretty good.

Still don't know what it has to do with the game. The owner, uh, didn't really seem like much of a fan.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm sure karen gets plenty of free meals there now, though. talk about free advertisements!!

8. Springler

Springler Guest

Wow, you guys are absolutely brutal. Yes, she could have talked to some of the Bears who go there, explore the host angle a little more, or someone else. But this is hardly the worst thing to hit a newspaper page, and ought to be taken for what it's worth. It's not suppposed to get you pumped to watch the game, and it's definitely not perfect. But there's no need to crucify.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not crucifying at all. Its a worthy story 2 days before the NFC championship.

10. The restaurant feature might have been OK on game day, when Metro sections inevitably look for features about fans watching The Big Game. That way, you could probably find some displaced Saints fans rooting for their boys. It wouldn't be great but it would be OK. As opposed to what ran.

The line that says you feel like you're in New Orleans when you enter the restaurant is baloney.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Oh, I see now.
    And right you are, Boom.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well no quotes from his arms dealer but a good Tank Johnson story from Karen as part of her continuing "Bad Boys of The NFL" series. Tank does not seem so bad after reading this story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/sports/football/21johnson.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

Draft saved Draft deleted