1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soldier held by Taliban released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure the powers that be care about enemies taking an American or two. It allows us to flex our war muscles. We love to flex our war muscles and geopolitical minds.

It's a game. Yes, that is a gross oversimplification. But it's just all a game. Let's not delude ourselves that it ain't.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not when there's already one in the White House.

3. Songbird

There is no 100% truth when it comes to these things.

What exactly do you want to hear that will satisfy you?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The truth. If you didn't notice that Rice was squirming and dancing and prevaricating, your powers of observation aren't very strong.

5. Songbird

Of course she should've just said "Yes, Candy, we negotiated with terrorists to bring Bowe Bergdahl home."

That would've been 100% truth, zero gray matter.

Right now, as I type, we are negotiating with terrorists for something else.

In 10 seconds, when you read this, we will be negotiating with terrorists for something else.

Tonight, when I jerk off, we will be negotiating with terrorists to make something happen.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again, if these five guys were such awful horrible terrorists, why didn't the people running the show (Who Were Those Guys Again??!?) have them dropped in a trench about 11-12 years ago?

Because they were "concerned about international law?"

Haw! That's a hot one.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In Rice's defense, there's no evidence she's ever gone on the air an lied her fucking ass off to American public before…

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps, the KFC across from Gitmo serves the five their "special recipe", leading them to pass away in the next 6-9 months while in Qatar.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Reading some of these stories and seeing how Bergdahl adapted to his surroundings....I hope the government is watching him for a "Homeland"-type situation.
    I'm sure it's a trillion-to-1 chance he has been flipped, but it would be life imitating art.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You're getting your Rices mixed up.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was he talking about Jerry?

12. Songbird

Rizcheck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.