1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Softdrink Rant/Discussion/Whatever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 16, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sprite and Pepsi are my drinks of choice.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

You know y'all want some Faygo. Yeah ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or this:

[​IMG]

This is some good stuff.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You officially have no taste.

It tastes like swamp water that has been pissed in then heated up then frozen then thawed.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I will kill anyone who mentions Dr. Enuff.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The coach I cover needs his perpetual glass of sweet tea surgically removed from his hand.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Summers are made for Corona and lime.

FB's thing about Coca Cola Slurpees reminds me of my shop's production manager. That's like his big 7-Eleven weakness. Of course, now it's been surpassed by a Mickey D's apple pie weakness </successful crossthread>

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good enuff.

[​IMG]

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have no idea what that is. I'm also fairly certain you've never had a Dr. Enuff. It's only available in the mid-South/mid-Atlantic region.

And it's disgusting.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dr Thunder is the Sam's Choice/Wal-Mart ripoff of Dr Pepper, complete with lack of period.

However, it also has a lack of awesomeness.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

amen, sister.

12. jps

jps Active Member

Buck -- you don't want the stuff delivered. You've gotta make it yourself if you want it to be right. Mass-produced won't cut it if you want the real deal.

For you (and those yanks that have no clue what we're even talking about) I've got a recipe.

For the syrup:
    4 cups sugar
    2 cups water

For tea:
    4 cups water
    8-10 regular-sized or 3 "family sized" bags orange pekoe tea (I use Lipton)
    Pinch of baking soda
    Additional water

Pour 2 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar into a saucepan and stir together. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir until thickened. Turn off heat and set aside.

Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Turn off the heat. Tie the teabags to a wooden spoon and put them in the pan with that pinch of baking soda. Once it's as dark as you want it (and still hot) pull out the spoon/tea bags.

Stir 1 cup of your sugar syrup into the tea until it's blended. Pour the mixture into a 1 gallon glass or metal pitcher (plastic will make it taste off) and fill to the top with water. Stir and chill. Pour the remaining sugar syrup into a glass jar and cover.

Once the tea has cooled, you're ready to go. Of course, fill your glasses with a ton of ice and then use the syrup on the side to sweeten to taste.

Draft saved Draft deleted