1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Softball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 1, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Monica Abbott is scary good. Just plain scary good.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This one?

[​IMG]

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I had no idea. But you're right and to the point. Straight up, the girl can pitch.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

That'd be the one.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I feel like I should be atthis thread's graduation, reading "Oh, The Places You'll Go."

Back to softball. Well done, folks.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. 2muchcoffeeman

If UofA's softball team is any indication of the "talent" at UofA, male students there probably have trouble getting medical insurance .... what with all the whiplash they have to suffer from while walking across campus.

And on top of that (barely staying on topic :D ), their softball team challenges for a national title just about every damn year.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This is my 7-year-old daughter's first year of softball. What amazes is how all the girls on both teams seems to know a zillion different cheers. I'm the assistant coach on the team, so presumably I would have witnessed the practice they had on cheering.

Actually, this being my first experience coaching girls rather than boys, I must say -- coaching girls is WAY better. For one thing, they listen once in a while. And none of them have been poisoned yet by their parents into thinking they're someday going to be Division I-A material. (Of course, that will change at age 10, when the local travel team starts accepting girls.)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

We're in the top of the 10th, with no score between Tennessee and Arizona.

EDIT: Typed too soon. 'Zona just scored the first run of the game on a swinging bunt and a questionable call by the ump; I don't believe Rodriguez actually touched the plate.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw it 2MCM. That sure looked like a blown call. Nice of the announce crew to ignore that and say what a great slide she made to get in safe.

11. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

TiVo seems to say the umpire got it right....

Runner barely got the back part of the plate....if the plate was divided into portions, she probably got 1/100th of the dish

12. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

If she got the plate, the next Fat Tire is on me. She hit the dirt behind the plate, which made it look like she caught the plate. That's a bad call.

Draft saved Draft deleted