1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Softball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 1, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Arizona catcher > Tennessee pitcher

Not even close.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Cal State Fullerton isn't in the championship tournament. This thread is DTM.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Chickie.. are you saying you're short and tired of having the beercan placed on your noggin? Without a coaster?

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever heard Jim Rome's take on "softball guy"

It might be the funniest 15 or 20 minutes in sports radio history.

And most of it is so true -- that softball guy for those who care is the guy we all know who is in like 10 leagues, keeps his own stats, acts like he is playing for the world series, shows up wearing eye-black, high-top spikes that match his arm bands and wears Oakley's, argues with umps about every call and of course, chews either sunflower seeds or tobacco......

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SC has a crush on Mitch Albom... you all heard it!!!

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I saw a softball game once that ran deep into extra innings. Bottom of what turned out to be the final at-bat, leadoff batter walks, then asks for a pinch-runner. Turns out she had to pee.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I saw this guy at a prep baseball game the other night. Showed up, in dirty uniform, to watch his brother play.

Spent 20 minutes talking about his game that night, talking about how he crashed into the fence to make a catch, and then how he stretched a double into a triple _ it was "fucking awesome." Kept yelling "WHOOOOOOOO" every time his brother got an out. Then said he had to leave before the end of the game because, "I've got to play in another league tonight. We're going for the title." Then told guy he was talking with he would meet him for "some brews" later.

8. Kind of what slappy said, but I hope you're digging her because she is a fantastic talent (most wins, strikeouts, shutouts and appearances in NCAA history). I promise you she is not even close to the hottest girl in that tournament.

You're absolutely right. Every year the Arizona team seems to be made up of the same kind of girls - sun-kissed blondes. If you're watching Tuesday night, pay attention to that. The Arizona pitcher and centerfielder both are fantastic "talents" on top of being fantastically talented.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Who knew there was a Villarreal brother in high school?

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That story was awful. I was about to post how there was a 20-something inning game in the 5A Texas playoffs this year and didn't realize it was two games in Minnesota until reading the thread.
    Why the fuck does it say, "such-and-such singled in the winning run in the 35th inning" if it wasn't the 35th inning?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!!!

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It was a treat grabbing some pizza tonight and looking up to see that on one of the TVs was my favorite, super tall softball pitcher. And even more so when I saw her numbers on the mound and found out she was essentially the Walter Johnson of college softball.

Draft saved Draft deleted