1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sock it to me!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What a great show. I caught up on a bunch of episodes on Trio. (I actually really did think that was what this thread was about.)

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Did the AP cutline really say "holes ON his socks" instead of "holes IN his socks"?

Is this one of those cultural things where some people stand "in" line and some people stand "on" line?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This may be true but hopefully the Euros are willing to look past this when the person has narrow feet. I dislike Balmorals because my feet are narrow and bluchers simply fit better.

Those socks are simply awful. Dude is such a war hawk he forgets what his feet feel like.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

My thought as well.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Well, hell. He can't be too smart. He lives in Chevy Chase, Maryland!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't forget, this is the man shown combing his hair with spit during the opening credits to Fahrenheit 9/11.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My case, too. Narrow feet. But also I like the look of the bluchers better. Some say that an exception to the rule would be if you are wearing a "sack suit" -- the Ivy League look with natural shoulders, no darts, three buttons but the top one unusable because of the lapel roll. His suit appears to have significant padding in the shoulders, two buttons and waist suppression. I'll bet the suit costs $3K to $5K and he has holes in his socks.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This doofus is not just a "banker."

He is a Bush insider who was assistant secretary of defense and primary architect of our plan to invade Iran.

Brilliant or whatever.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

"Hell, our boys don't need extra Kevlar an' armaments an' shit to fight them Iraqis. They're okay over there just like they are with what they got."

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Article from today's NY Times about Dick Martin -- yesterday was his 85th birthday!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/arts/television/31mart.html

Draft saved Draft deleted