1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Society writer by day, stripper by night

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This was on the 10 o'clock news last night. For the life of me, I don't understand why it's news at all.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in, Sarah! :D

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

People love stories about puppies and strippers.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

awesome pull

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Chronicle fired her:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/journalistsarah-tressler-fired-by-houston-chronicle-for-stripping/

Which shows again, the foolishness of the newspaper industry. If they were smart, they'd have kept her on and had her blog about her other job for them. Think of the page hits.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If newspapers are going to put up slideshows of cheerleaders, why not?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She was just getting a workout, cuz she didn't have a gym membership. Plus she's suing:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/10/showbiz/texas-stripper-writer-fired/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So ads for strip clubs are okay, but this isn't. Some interesting morals there.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It all comes down to the money. The ads give them money. The stripper/reporter doesn't generate money.

Now, if the reporter stripped on the paper's web site, they could both benefit. It'd be a win-win.

10. God, she's smart and she strips. God love her.

And the newspaper couldn't handle her other career, even though they paid her peanuts. Big hairy shock.

If you're reading this thread, Ms. Stripper/Professor, my name is Harrison "Harry" K. Parker.

Said she:

“I had three jobs, I lost one of them and now I have two jobs,” Tressler said. “I was a stripper/reporter/professor and now I’m just a stripper/professor, and I don’t think that’s too bad.”

Amen.

11. Is that a picture of the fat-free journalist/stripper on the previous page?

Man, how many of you newspaper guys have worked with someone looking like that?

My luck, in 30-plus years in the industry, I've worked with Helga and Olga and their meth-gripped offshoots.

Damn. Da-ahm.

12. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I worked with several attractive females in my time in sports journalism - which was relatively brief compared to many other people on this board. I found them all to be talented professionals who almost always had to work harder to fight through the BS hoops put up by small-minded male gatekeepers in order to get to where they were in the industry.

Now put your peter away and stop playing with yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted