1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social networking: What are you on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That can't be true. What's a knell anyway?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Knell Carter

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Same here. I keep forgetting I even have MySpace.

Facebook is great for catching up with people. Does anybody else have Facebook friends who are obsessed wtih sending virtual crap? I guess it is some sort of game that you get stuff by sending things to friends and getting them to accept. The sentiment is nice enough, I guess, but a virtual beer doesn't do much for me and a virtual Star Wars toy is just plain strange.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm on Facebook - add me too!! ;)

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I have Facebook and Myspace. I check my Facebook probably 2-3 times a day because it has a lot of co-workers and colleagues. Myspace is basically there to keep up with my old hometown friends, but I don't check it all that often.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Facebook and LinkedIn. Each makes it so easy to keep up with people personally and professionally. I've gotten in touch with some old colleagues and school buddies. Looking at the pics, I can't believe I went to high school with so many fucking old people. :) Anyway, these kind of sites are better than going to a school reunion, because you don't always have to make nice chit-chat and hear stories of what an asshole you were, as well as paying and dressing up for the privilege.

I'm technically on Plaxo, but I don't maintain it. I think I might be on Naymz, which I only went onto because I interviewed someone from there for a story. I just got invited onto Goodreads, a book recommendation site. Haven't done much with it.

7. Just Facebook. I basically just use it as something akin to email.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about a virtual STFU? Would you like that?

Seriously, I don't get it either. I've sent a couple thinking that maybe I'd get a beer in the mail or something but so far not.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I don't why, but I feel violated every time I get a note that says "You've been SuperPoked!!!"

10. Flash

Flash Guest

But have you ever been defenestrated?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Only by your fantasy football team.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think a virtual STFU would be a useful feature on there. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted