1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social Networking Coordinator - Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth, TX)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So why can't we have a name?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because I don't know if other candidates have ALL been alerted. I don't have a pipeline, I don't know how this stuff works!

3. Moderator1

Keeli Pointer Garza. Used to work at the Ft. Worth paper - starts at the speedway on Tuesday.

From what I remember of her newspaper days, this is an excellent choice. Congrats to her.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See? You didn't need me after all. But you've known that for years.

5. Moderator1

But I still love you.
    The Pipeline is mostly a newspaper (and some Web) thing. Not a deep pipeline in the PR world (yet). Don't know where this job falls, though.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Who?!? Never heard of her. :)

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm just wonder when the bubble will burst on social networking jobs, as they have with online editors at some newspapers.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Why would they burst? It's a lot cheaper to hire a social networking coordinator to promote a product than it is to buy a bunch of airtime or newspaper space.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Because not every company that hires someone for $40k is getting a $40k return on their investment through the use of social networking. A lot of small businesses think it's the way to go, and it just doesn't work. Sort of the reason why spending money for someone to exclusively shoot video for a small newspaper's Web site is ridiculous.

10. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Seems like it's already working ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5044233

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Went to college with Eddie. I cannot, can not, connect the dots between then and now in a way that makes sense. But, that said, good for him.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Eddie is copying what Mark Cuban did 10 years ago after he bought the Mavs. Except that was real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.