1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social Networking Coordinator - Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth, TX)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

http://speedwaymotorsports.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=28281

• Manage Texas Motor Speedway’s social networking accounts/sites (Facebook, twitter, MySpace) while growing the speedway’s social networking fan base.
    • Investigate and engage Texas Motor Speedway in other forms/applications of social networking in addition to the primary and most popular such as those mentioned above.
    • Engage Texas Motor Speedway fans in conversing on timely topics as well as educate them on topics/issues found in the speedway’s website community forums.
    • Develop “viral” strategies to generate traffic to the TMS website.
    • Create promotional/marketing ideas for Texas Motor Speedway to utilize within its social networking.
    • Incorporate social networking opportunities for driver visits, media events, special events
    • During race weeks, produce immediate news updates/happenings of events going on both on and off the track.
    • Monitor twitter accounts of NASCAR and Indy Car drivers/communities; be an active “tweeter” in motorsports community.
    • Monitor and comment on stories on the various key social and motorsports sites.
    • Engage TMS staff internally on speedway’s social networking sites/accounts (i.e. Facebook, etc.)
    • Become engaged with NASCAR Public Relations social networking contacts to remain aware of driver/team NASCAR opportunities.
    • Working knowledge of a photo-related programs (i.e. Photoshop, Photo Bucket) and video-related programs (YouTube, USTREAM, etc.)
    • Monitor and active text with three local radio stations while they are on live (KRLD, ESPN, Ticket).

REQUIREMENTS:

Four year college degree with an emphasis in communications/journalism/public relations; advanced social networking skills and knowledge of the various applications, in-depth knowledge of motorsports; above-average writing skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

2. Gary L

Gary L New Member

Applied. Would really, really love to get this one. Always taking advantage of social media and want to move to Texas.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know nothing about this job, but there are some REALLY good people at TMS. Good luck to all who apply.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I second IJAG's thoughts. You could do a lot worse.

Texas Motor Speedway comes off as a class act. PR director Mike Zizzo is good people and Eddie Gossage understands the business better than any track president out there.

The traffic on race day? That's a different story.

6. Kmac7

Kmac7 Member

Interesting job.. Seems like you have a 50/50 chance of it hanging around though.. who knows how long the social networking fad will last

7. bwright

bwright Member

Got this in the inbox today:

Don't know if it's been filled (if so, that was pretty quick) or if they've just narrowed it down to finalists.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's been filled, but am not comfortable posting the name I've heard. Sorry.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know your current situation, but please, if you are ever searching for a social networking job, don't go in there thinking this is a fad.

Twitter may be a fad for people like Ashton Kutcher who have a billion and a half followers, but for companies, Social Networking is an invaluable tool.

Give an advertising agency a budget of $2 million dollars to sell a big product like Coca Cola and they won't make a dent.

Give a handful of content stragetists a laptop and $40k a year to talk up a product with Social Media and you've struck it rich.

10. NBrom

NBrom New Member

I thought I was the only one who got that! Damn...

11. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Got a rejection e-mail. Congrats to whoever got the gig. It sounded like a good one.

12. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I think we've heard the same name. Congrats to that person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.