1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Social Media Coordinator - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 15, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From Teamwork Online: http://tampanhl.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=34865

The Social Media Coordinator is a full-time position. This position is responsible for writing and editing content for the Tampa Bay Lightning and other business-related social media sites. The role requires someone who is self-motivated with a cutting edge attitude that will help to enhance our social media outlets as a vital part of communication to our Fans.

Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
    • Write, edit and update content for the Tampa Bay Lightning, St. Pete Times Forum and Storm social media sites, inclusive of Facebook and Twitter
    • Maintain communication with fans/followers on Lightning, St. Pete Times Forum and Storm social media sites
    • Plan monthly social media calendar
    • Increase Facebook fans and Twitter followers in a quality manner
    • Track and analyze social media performance
    • Cover the Tampa Bay Lightning home games on a regular basis by shooting, editing and publishing video on both the social media sites and websites
    • Create and post content for the Lightning mobile application
    • Assist in editing all content that appears in all publications and websites
    • Assist in website update requests and scheduled updates
    • Pitch video feature ideas for websites and social media sites
    • Develop and maintain working knowledge of the Content Management Systems (CMS) used to manage the Tampa Bay Lightning and St. Pete Time Forum and Storm websites.
    • Identify and infiltrate new social networks in key market areas
    • Assist other departments with relative work as requested.

Qualification Standards:
    • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
    • Minimum 1-3 years proven online marketing and social media experience along with video production experience.
    • Immersed in social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others), blog reader/writer/publisher
    • Excellent writing skills
    • Deadline-oriented; experience at getting projects done quickly, with high standards of quality
    • Intense passion for helping us grow social media aspects of the business
    • Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required.
    • Candidate may be required to provide specific examples of their work

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Do you have 1-3 years of proven online marketing, social media experience, and video production experience?
    2. Are you immensely familiar with social media networks and how they are used to expand business?
    3. Are you deadline and task-oriented to complete projects quickly with high standards of quality?

2. CW89

CW89 New Member

Any applicants?

3. I have a non-journo friend who applied. I will post what second-hand info, if any, I get.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I applied.

rb

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

YOU'RE HIRED!

6. RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit New Member

I applied and actually heard back from them. They are still searching and going through applications. From what I understand they've received a ton.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Valid points all. My first reaction was similar to yours, followed by "how much does it cost to send in a resume?" If walking down to the post office is too much effort for the next generation, perhaps they are doomed to spend their lives lin mom's basement ...

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, the LA Dodgers are looking for the same position.

9. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

While I don't appreciate that type of representation of young journalists or people looking for a first gig, I do take some comfort in knowing there are people out there who make the hard-workers stick out just a little bit more.

That said, the post has to be a joke.

10. JR119

JR119 Member

Any update on this?
    Anyone know?

11. As someone who follows the Lightning through various social media outlets I can say that they have noticeably upped their production since this job was posted. I don't know if someone left and someone new (temporarily maybe) took over the position or it was just a coincidence, but they have had a much better social media presence in the last month or so.

That may also have to do with it being playoff time and an internal social media push, which might be evidenced by half the team joining Twitter in the last few weeks.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Safest job this side of joining the Titanic band in April 1912.

Draft saved Draft deleted