1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soccer Shenanigans - Affair derailed 1998 team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My day was off to a fine start. Then I see Mike Burns' name here. Now I'm in a pissy mood. Worst player I've ever seen wear the US soccer uniform in the World Cup. Worse than Cle Kooiman and Brian Bliss. Burns was simply awful, awful, awful.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yeah, but everyone should still know that it was his coaching.

That book is brutal to read.

And they should have beaten Iran.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

At least Harkes won't have to worry like John Terry today. BBC reporting that Terry got his captaincy stripped for his dalliances.

Oh, and US should have beaten Iran, but I'll add, as a soccer novice back then, I thought they quit on Sampson.

Harkes banging his teammate's wife.

I would have loved to be the fly on the wall for that locker room discussion.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Harkes may not have to worry about losing his captaincy, though Sampson is saying that he sent Harkes home because of it, but Harkes could end up losing his ESPN commentary gig because of it.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Neither do Eric Lindros, Rod Brind'amour, Gary Leeman or Al Iafrate.

6. Faithless

Faithless Member

Rafael Palmeiro shakes his finger and says he didn't have an affair with Eric Wynalda's wife. Period.

Draft saved Draft deleted