1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soccer Mom attacks ref during u10 girls game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 30, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/forsyth/mom-slaps-referee-during-750913.html?cxtype=rss_news

Boom, the last sentence of the story is for you.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Angry sex with a soccer mom has to be pretty high up there.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I thought it a nice touch, poin!

Forsyth Co. is a BAD place to call soccer, mainly because the fans, as you can tell, are out of control.

The AJC did a story a few years ago about the level of ejections in high school soccer. They were more than all the other varsity sports combined.

I love soccer. I love to officiate soccer. But until fans become a bit more knowledgeable about the way the game is called, these things will never stop. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

fixed

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I blame cricket.

6. You only cover us when our angry moms attack the ref!

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What's a ref or linesman get paid to work a club soccer game? $25? $30?

Way too little. My daughter's club coaches should use all the time they use bitching at the refs to actually coach during the game.

And the parents are ridiculous.

The parents and coaches spending 90 minutes bitching to the refs are the worst part of the sport. Horrible examples for the kids.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I doubt it's even that much, poin...

I know a h.s. varsity match pays 50 to the center and 33 to the lines... if they use three.

a lot of schools and clubs only use two to save money.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like how the reporter put this at the very end, just to get in one final dig at youth soccer:

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"I praise you 24/7!!! And this how you do me!!!, You expect me to learn from this???How??? I'll never forget this!! Ever!! Thx Tho." tweeted Soccer MILF from her minivan

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Janice Soprano feels this woman's pain.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

High schools in this area pay $80 to the ref and $50 to the assistants. A lot of teams but a limited number of officials. Younger guys are finally signing up to do it but before that, it seemed like there were only six officials for the 12-14 schools in the area and games had to be moved around because there wouldn't be any available.

Draft saved Draft deleted