1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soccer Apoligists United *NSFW*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 4, 2007.

1. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

Re: NHL vs MLS on TV

MLS is doing okay, averaging about 15,000 per game, but the two teams that play in the biggest stadiums (New York at Giants Stadium and Kansas City at Arrowhead) are the only teams in the league drawing under 10,000 ... compared to NHL that isn't too bad and that will skyrocket once Beckham arrives, but don't think more people want to watch MLS than NHL because there are a ton of soccer fans around the world, nobody else in the world gives MLS any credit for its steadily improving play, the MLS will never be at the level of the Premiership, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga ...etc, there just aren't enough soccer fans in this country to sell out every game in a 50,000 seat soccer stadium week in and week out

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: NHL vs MLS on TV

If that's the choice, I'll take "C."

Gouging my eyes out with a spoon.

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Get it, folks? Boom created a thread, then changed the subject to make a little funny!! What a cut-up! I know I won't ever be a soccer apoligist again.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Soccer Apologists United!

[​IMG]

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I do think the opening of Red Bull Park will greatly improve attendance in the New York/New Jersey market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Park

Nice looking facility.

D.C. United also has a stadium in the words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poplar_Point_Stadium

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Isn't Boom just the cutest lil thing we've ever seen?

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Where's my jersey? The No.10 if you please.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, you've got to be kidding ref, I barely head-butted him.

10. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

My stepdad is from England. Fox Soccer Channel is always on at his house. As long as he keeps buying the beers I'll keep him company while watching the Premier League.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry for the delay in response to getting those numbers. I have a link! Okay, so it isn't exactly as stated, but close enough.
    SportsMediaWatch

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This doesn't really tell us anything. "Traditionally" MLS games have been on at 4 p.m. Saturdays EDT. Now, they're getting prime-time on Thursdays. We still don't know how this is going.

Draft saved Draft deleted