1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soccer Apoligists United *NSFW*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Re: NHL vs MLS on TV

I'm sadly aware of the score already. I just haven't been home to watch it.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe Boom tuned in at this moment.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So you sat and watched a little and picked up that nugget, eh Boom? Can't have been as boring as you said.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well when Shemp Messing said "These are two teams that don't like each other" my ears perked up.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When Curly Joe said that the Red Bulls were terrific off of set pieces, Boom really became interested.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And Joe DeRita gave a good explanation of the offside trap.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was refering to Boom's original idea that no one showed up for regular season MLS, compared to the full house for the Cup Finals.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

My apologies.

Attendance is definitely an issue in MLS. Most of the time the teams play in stadiums too large. Those that play in stadiums more suited draw better.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I need to get to Bridgeview for a game. Have yet to take in a Fire game.

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Aww, I thought this was going to be that Simpsons clip where Kent Brockman describes a play with complete boredom "centre, passes to wing, back to centre, yawn" while some Latino announcer says the same words with a dramatic voice and his face pasted to the glass of his booth.

11. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I have to drop by two cents in an say that Soccer has a much bigger audience then NHL has by far.

I would say countries that play soccer is on a much bigger scale then the once that play hockey.
    Soccer is big every where from Brazil, Norway, Russia, China, Spain, France, Germany, Mexico, Cuba, Filippines etc etc. Soccer has like 4 channel devoted to them including The Fox Soccer Channel.

So I believe him for saying that a Soccer game gets better ratings then the NHL. I also don't agree with the NFL saying that the Super Bowl is the most watched sporting event in the world. I got to say that it must be the FIFA World Cup.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If you're including other countries, I'd love to see the NHL's ratings if calculated the way box-office figures are figured: Using figures in Canada and the United States.

Draft saved Draft deleted