1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SoapNet acquires OC, One Tree Hill reruns; moves 90210 to 3/4 pm

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 8, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This probably only affects me and junkie. And maybe Zeke. And Shotglass. And DoubleDown. And DyePack. OK, it affects any other otherwise hot blooded male with a soft spot for serial dramas. But SoapNet will air The O.C. And One Tree Hill at 5 and 6 pm starting Apr. 9 and will move 90210 reruns to 3 and 4 pm.

While this gives me the chance to find out what I've been missing with The OC, I'm a bit peeved because I'm barely halfway thru my three seasons of One Tree Hill on DVD. Had I known it was heading to reruns on SoapNet, I probably wouldn't have bought the DVDs.

Oh, and in other news, I will now go on a date with Emily Valentine and light myself on fire.

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11527

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sweet!

No more conflict with Jeapordy.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't be so sure, Zeke.

One Tree Hill is like 90210 on steroids. The girls are far hotter and the storylines far more melodramatic.

And the very special kids bringing guns to school episode last year was responsible for the most shocking ending to a TV show I've ever seen.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I am ready to begin our official O.C./One Tree Hill exchange program, BYH.

Welcome to The O.C., bitch. May your Newport Beach ignorance soon go the way of Marissa Cooper's innocence. All hail Sandy Cohen's eyebrows and idealism.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And I welcome you to Tree Hill, bitch. May your, uhh, Tree Hill ignorance soon go the way of Haley James' virginity. All hail Dan Scott, one of the dirtiest and most evil soap villians ever (he's played by the guy who played John Sears).

6. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Isn't it amazing how a guy like the guy who played Dan Scott, in the space of a decade, went from a college frat boy to the father of a 17-year-old?

Hollywood: scary place.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One Tree Hill was kick-ass last night. I really liked it.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Go take a bubble bath, you pansy.... not that there's anything wrong with that

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was disappointed by it. Too saccharine and Breakfast Club-esque.

Plus, aren't these kids less than a year removed from a life-changing shooting spree? Didn't they swear to be nicer to the less beautiful people in the aftermath of Jimmy's suicide? So how is it that Lucas has no idea who Glenda is?

And Lucas is asking if one hour can change your life? Uhh, yeah, Lucas. Please see spree, shooting. And you also had a heart attack when your friend was run over two months ago. So yes, one hour can change your life.

They have one of the greatest storylines in memory with someone witnessing the murder of Keith Scott, and they're just spinning their wheels.

Draft saved Draft deleted