1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOAP Method of Bible Study

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In the his interview with Schaap Teo talks about how he, his parents and Lenny would share scripture through the SOAP method ( Scripture/Observe/ Accept/ Prayer) of bible study. Each would take turns daily sharing a verse that everyone could reflect on.

In the interest of bringing the SJ community closer together I thought that it would be a great idea for a thread. I will start it with a passage. I welcome anyone to reflect on it and add their own.

Let's bring a spiritual purpose to the SJ community.

Psalms 101:7, "He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."

2. That's not what they teach you in seminary or institute.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Roll Tide.

4. Boom_70

Thank you Brother Vombatus.
    What do you think Jesus is saying there?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jesus is saying the poor will always be with us.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

"Elisha left Jericho to go to Bethel and on the way some boys came out of a town and made fun of him. "Get out of here, Baldy!" they shouted.Elisha turned around, glared at them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys to pieces.”
    2 Kings 2:23-24 [NIV]

Do not call people bald.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Ezekiel 25:17: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, and Royale with Cheese.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Do NOT Google "she-bears."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Isn't Tide a form of SOAP?

11. Boom_70

Is that Care Bear?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

``And he left them and went out of the city into Bethany and he lodged there''

Matthew 21:17
    9F01

Draft saved Draft deleted