1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So you want to coach preps?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Most of these parents are fairly knowledgeable about the game, too. They've usually played at the high school varsity level or higher and have coached at one time or another.
    One of the most overly critical parents I knew was the JV boys basketball coach at the same school where his daughter played on the girls varsity team. He was also his daughter's AAU coach. I'd frequently hear him shouting instructions to his daughter that were completely contrary to the head coach's instructions. They guy also frequently picked apart the coach's substitution pattern.
    The man knew his shit, much more than I do, but he still couldn't grasp the idea that the high school team is not the AAU team. How his kid fits in with the kids on the AAU team is not the same as how she fits in with the high school team.

Draft saved Draft deleted