1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, yeah, um ... Nashville is under water.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Wes Rucker, May 3, 2010.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

MTSU's Murphy Center couldn't handle it. They'd have to tear out a few rows of seats and do a lot of modifications to make it happen.

Not sure Municipal Coliseum downtown would be worth the investment. I'd say all the Gaylord money will throw the hammer down and get the hotel (months away from a reopen) and the arena functional asap.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did it finish on Nashville's grille?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The arena is Metro's baby, not Gaylord's. They are so two sponsors ago. And from everything I've heard, they should be able to get it cleaned up in plenty of time for October.

One thing I noticed the other day that got overlooked. A Tennessean photographer wound up rescuing former Vandy fb coach George MacIntyre.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100503/SPORTS0602/100502047/2196

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of God. Go hide under a rock with that knock-kneed bullshit.

5. Inky_Wretch

A quickening!?! Does that mean the Kurgen is killing other immortals?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Highlander jokes never get old.

In terms of natural disasters, they seem to happen on a certain rhythm and if you know anything about history, natural disaster have dropped considerably in the more recent times.
    That's because man has built dams and levees and everything else so now when you have a disaster, it is more likely because a man-made piece of intervention failed, as was the case in Nashville, and it was coupled with a once-in-a lifetime or generation event. Like 14 inches of rain falling in two days in Middle Tennessee.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

You have a right to your opinion; I have a right to mine.

Amp it up with the personal attacks and you'll have this thread shut down.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Part of that is explained by the fact that New Yorkers have a over-the-top sense of self-importance. A lot of them couldn't locate Nashville on a map.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

CNN headquarters sits about 250 miles from Nashville. This isn't a New York thing.

There happens to be a lot of shit going on at the moment.

When's the last time you heard talk of Haiti? There are 300,000 dead, for God's sake. They're still finding the corpses.

10. Inky_Wretch

Add in the fact all the national news organizations have slashed their operations to the bone and it's not shocking they can't give equal treatment to multiple big stories at once.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

CNN got scooped on a tornado that hit THEIR FUCKING BUILDING. I wouldn't expect them to notice a little rain in Tennessee.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Any sign of Sean Penn?

Draft saved Draft deleted