1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So with the politics board closed, do you find life a little more boring?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

That's what you tell all of us.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You must have some long term memory issues. Political dis-harmony pretty much can be traced back to the inception of the first SportsJournalists.com board (In fact, I believe that registration process asked you to declare if you were Republican or Democrat).

believe me, there was much bile and vile being shoveled around during the 2004 election.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm still feuding with Anon1027 about the whole Bush-Gore thing.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Same.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I agree. What one had to apply for access to the politics board? That way, all vitriol spewed would be asked for.

Though I would venture onto the old board once in a while, I doubt I would even ask in. But I wouldn't hesitate to direct anyone over to that board should a regular thread begin to get polluted.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd post on the Bad Kind of Love board.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Which brings us full circle as to why there needs to be Sarah Palin threads, regardless of what board they're on, with plenty of pictures.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

With Sarah Palin booked to appear on Oprah November 16, can that be a thread, as long as it doesn't spiral into 'I'm rubber you're glue'?

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You should listen to him. He's pre-med.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How about Palin threads allowing only pictures? :D I would hope we can all agree she's damn good looking.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It does seem the bitchiness has ratcheted up on some of the other threads. I've seen a few "bull in the ring" situations develop. I don't know, I do miss talking politics with people I disagree with, I enjoy hearing different perspectives on issues and gaining a better understanding of why people think what they do. The "you suck" or "you're worthless" posts don't bother me because they say more about those who post that kind of stuff than anything else and I'd just go to another thread. It's kind of like football - you put the pads on, you know you might get hurt going in, but you enjoy the game more than you fear getting hurt.
    With the politics board - everything was on the table. Most posters knew where other posters were coming from. I miss it - miss those I disagreed with probably most of all, amazing that one of the last threads, one of the Limbaugh threads, brought about agreement from righties and lefties that the topic had been exhausted. I'll miss those moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.