1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So. Who wins the Heisman?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Pick the Heisman winner.

1. Jameis Winston

22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Johnny Manziel

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Marcus Mariota

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AJ McCarron

28 vote(s)
    43.8%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

JFF is still the best college football player on the planet, but he won't win. I could support McCarron winning it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nomination withdrawn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd probably go....1. Winston, 2. Manziel, 3. Lynch.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/KegsnEggs/status/405024466708619264

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A quick word about Jordan Lynch, who — if the Heisman went to "most valuable player" on his team — would be invited to New York.

The guy plays a Tebow-esque style at quarterback and has absolutely carried the Huskies to a couple of wins this year, including over the 7-4 Iowa Hawkeyes.

Yeah, I know, NIU's schedule ... but the guy packs a load, is athletic, and assuming he's willing to switch positions, could be a pretty good NFL fullback or tight end.

I hope he gets a few third-place Heisman votes.

6. JackReacher

I'll be interested to see those odds if Auburn beats Alabama this weekend. And if the Winston shit goes down. Good Lord.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it kills any reasonable chance he would have that NIU did not give Florida State a game last year.

8. JackReacher

When are the ballots due?

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Williams win it. The kid's numbers are staggering, miles beyond any other runner in the country, but barely anybody's noticed because he doesn't play for a glamour school appearing on our TV week after week. If he did, he'd be the clear frontrunner now with these numbers.

Plus I'm sick of how QB-centric the award has become. It's supposed to be for the best regardless of position, yet the same position has won 11 of the last 13 years. That shit's getting old.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5 p.m. EST next Monday.

11. JackReacher

Oh, cry me a fucking river. He's got the third best odds to win the thing. It's not like no one knows the kid. He's been all over the TV the last couple weeks. Lots of people have noticed.

12. JackReacher

Interesting that they're due before the conference title games. Or maybe that's how it's always been and I just had it mixed up.

Draft saved Draft deleted