1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So. Who wins the Heisman?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 23, 2013.

?

Pick the Heisman winner.

1. Jameis Winston

22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Johnny Manziel

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Marcus Mariota

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AJ McCarron

28 vote(s)
    43.8%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I guess that answers my question.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You think I just made it up? I have a lot of free time. Not that much, though.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I definitely want to be here during the two-hour intersection when Dick and oop are on the board at the same time today.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I did have enough free time to participate in that brain-draining back-and-forth, though. That's on me.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Before Tebow won it, no sophomore had ever won it, so it was something of a moot point.

One of the problems in giving it to an underclassman is that he will always be compared to his winning season.

I though Peyton Manning was the best player in the country as a sophomore and again as a junior, but I didn't make an issue of him not winning it in those years (Rashaan Salaam??? Danny Wuerffel???) because I was damn sure he'd get it when his senior year rolled around (Charles Woodson??? A defensive player? Are you kidding me?).

If you're going to start evaluating single seasons, you're going to have to go back and rewrite a huge chunk of the history books.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Moving back to the Heisman winner ... I guess this is what the pride of vindication looks like, via CBS Evening News:

Jeff Glor ✔ @jeffglor
    Was scheduled to interview Jameis Winston at 12:30. @floridastate tried to put restrictions on interview topics at last minute. We said no.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The best thing Winston can do for the next six months or so is no interviews. There is nothing he can say that is going to help him or make him look any better. Only way to go is down from here.

Draft saved Draft deleted