1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who wants Tomlinson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought maybe they had turned the corner last year, winning at Indy without Tomlinson and then Rivers, who gutted out the AFC championship game at New England. I thought maybe that would start a tougher Chargers team. They showed their toughness in December, and they did beat the Colts again in the playoffs, basically without Tomlinson.

Maybe the whining/complaints start with A.J. Smith and filters on down. Remove Smith and maybe it's a more cohesive group.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's where a strong head coach with a strong personality might come into play as well. Part of management is reining people in and telling them to just shut up and work.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Agreed. Although Dean Spanos is not far behind Jerry Jones when it comes to jerks in the owners booth.

4. highlander

highlander Member

So would you rather have LT who is upset about losing in the playoffs or Tony Romo who couldn't give a rats ass after losing in the playoffs?

5. highlander

highlander Member

Glad I read on because I was about to post that I don't think LT is whiney, he's just frustrated. I got the feeling he wanted to be out on the field helping his team but his body just wouldn't let him. That's why he seemed whiney and pissed off. He's a competitor and wants to be on the field. He was hurt pretty bad and still tried to play in the Indy game.

6. Herbert Anchovy

I didn't make that comparison. Romo is a total lemon, a prepackaged star without the game when push comes to shove. He wishes he was even Danny White. "LT" -- why do you guys insist on calling him this like he's your boy or something -- engages in sideline, midfield and postgame immaturity not befitting a transcendentally great player. Which is clearly how he and his defenders want him to be known.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Well, I tend to call him LT because people know who we're talking about, and on a message board I don't really feel like typing LaDainian Tomlinson over and over. Lighten up.
    I can't really see how him getting pissed at the Pats for dancing on the Chargers logo (and there were other things that happened in that game leading to his reaction IIRC) can be cited as an example of him being immature. It's not like we see him jawing with his coaches on the sideline every game, a la TO (he's not my boy, either) and Ocho Cinco. He expressed his frustration during a tough season, and nothing more.
    And I don't think highlander said anywhere that you made the comparison of Romo to Tomlinson (is that better?).

8. Herbert Anchovy

No, frankly, I don't. That's already the "nickname" of a far better player.

As for the rest, this is getting circular, so . . .

[​IMG]

"Your honor, I'm done with this guy"

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Wow, you got me. But since the thread title says Tomlinson, I thought you might be smart enough to figure it out. Silly me.

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Plain and simple this guy is a quitter and quitters are not winners and winners don't want quitters.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

A little late, aren't you. ;)

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think Tomlinson whines a little from time to time, but the notion that he won't play through pain (which I've also heard) is complete bullshit, in my mind. That wasn't a small injury he was trying to gut through. I'm guessing that NFL players can play through most injuries.

Has anyone else noticed how a lot of people who question these guys' toughness probably don't watch (up close) the carnage their bodies go through every week? Football is barbaric. Honestly, I can't imagine how those guys get out of bed some days.

Draft saved Draft deleted