1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who wants Tomlinson?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're a NFL GM, would you give up a second-round pick for LT?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would, absolutely. It's a risk, but as has been said already, it's not a foregone conclusion that this guy is washed up.

3. Mizzougrad96

I think the only reason why you couldn't get a pick that high might be his contract. But I think if he's given a good chance to rehabilitate the injury, he could be a 1,000-yard back again.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jamal Lewis was a 1,000-yard back this season, but he is not worth a second-round pick at this point. Tomlinson still has more left in the tank than Lewis, but breaking down late two seasons in a row has to be a concern.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Depends who I've got in the stable. And also how many picks I have :D

6. Mizzougrad96

Unless he has a favorable cap number (highly doubtful) I can't imagine him being traded unless he agrees to re-work his deal (possible). NFL agents always seem to put huge numbers at the end of long term contracts so they can make it seem like they're getting the players more money than they actually do. GMs agree to it because they know the player will never see that money. I think he got a new contract right after the MVP season.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't think he has more in the tank. Definitely arguable. They are both 30 and plummeting.

8. Mizzougrad96

With the way running backs are used these days, it could be awhile before we see another one stay productive into his 30s.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Tomlinson "classy"? He's a whiny bitch.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Maybe the whiniest biotch in the league.

Never seen a superstar player cry so much.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Send him to the Falcons ... as Turner's backup!

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I wonder if he's already beyond repair. I can't see him flourishing in a system where he's the lone guy anymore. He has too many miles on his legs in such a short span. He's already #2 in the NFL's rushing TD list, and it seems like that knee injury last season, lead to the toe injury this year that lead to a torn groin.

Unless he's ready to take a year off to heal from those things, he's considered damaged goods to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted