1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

so, who made the money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Sep 15, 2008.

1. keep the gay slurs off this thread, please. i was reading dan's thread, and it piqued my interest. who exactly made money off this imploding empire? the banks? the shareholders? the bush family? the 10 guys in switzerland running all of the world's banks? (ok, i'm kidding about the last two, really.) it's all evaporated into thin air, it seems.

and seeing comments from alan greenspan on that link dan provided, they seemed rather rich. well, dude, you set the table for all of this to go down. i don't know how much of this you really should be pinning on bernanke.

this just seems to me to be like some booster giving a kid $5 for breakfast and having it lead to the death penalty. on the face of it, you'd think the subprime crisis is rather small. but it's bringing down so many firms, it's remarkable.

ok, this non-business major is stepping away from the keyboard.

Draft saved Draft deleted